There are a million pizza pasta recipes out there, but I think mine is a winner (duh)! It gets points for its veggie content, but I confess that I didn’t use whole wheat pasta. I looooooove bowtie pasta (see here and here) and my local doesn’t seem to have a health-i-fied version. I compared labels on cheeses and sauces, and I feel like I selected the best version of each in terms of calorie and fat content. This is definitely a family-size recipe, but I’m pretty pumped about the leftovers…
- In large pot, boil 12 ounces bowtie pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In 12 inch cast iron skillet, saute…
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 bulb garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- In mixing bowl, combine…
- 1 container light ricotta cheese
- 2 15 ounce cans of pizza sauce
- 1 egg
- Add to cooked vegetables…
- Ricotta mix
- Cooked pasta
- Small can of sliced olives
- 5 ounces mini turkey pepperoni
- 1 box of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- Sprinkle with pizza blend cheese and bake in the oven at 375* for 20ish minutes, until cheese is melted and pasta is hot through.
Seriously delicious. This met all my pizza-craving needs with a significantly higher intake of vegetables. I also love that you could mix and match all YOUR favorite pizza toppings. This could be a new dish each time you make it!
2 thoughts on “Supreme Pizza Pasta”
Made supreme Pizza pasta this weekend and using it for my lunch this week. It is delicious
I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe–that is the GREATEST compliment! Thanks for stopping by!