This cold weather has left me craving comfort food, namely cheesy pasta! I wanted to keep it quick and easy tonight, so my recipe research led me to this one-pot conglomeration:
- In large skillet, fry…
- One package of smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 1/2 white onion, chopped.
- Add 1/2 bulb of crushed garlic once meat is browned.
- Stir in…
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 8 ounces of bowtie pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, until pasta is tender.
- Stir in 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese. Let melt and heat through before serving.
Yum, yum, yum!!!!!!! Paired with a cold Harvest Ale, this supper met all my needs (well…almost 🙂 )! Tone down the spice by using regular tomatoes and nixing the red pepper if your favorite diners don’t love fiery food.
2 thoughts on “Cheesy Bowties with Smoked Sausage”