I love and adore one-pot pastas for their easy and typically delicious nature. I know that the recipe below is a lot like THIS Meals with Margaret favorite, but I really believe that is a testament to how these simple steps can be recombined in many ways!
- In large pot, saute…
- 1 pound of andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon crushed garlic
- Once meat is browned and onions are soft, stir in…
- 1 can of original Ro-Tel
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup of cream
- 8 ounces of large shell pasta
- Cover and let simmer for fifteen-ish minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- Once liquid is absorbed, stir in 1 cup of frozen corn and 8 ounces of pepper jack cheese.
- Heat through and serve to admiring diners!
At my local grocery, cream is sold in a half pint, so I opted to use all of it in this recipe rather than have half a cup sitting in the fridge until it expires. You could lighten the dish up by using half a cup of cream (or milk) and two cups of chicken broth. Just stick to 2 1/2 cups of liquid to eight ounces of pasta. Additionally, this was plenty cheesy, so you could use four ounces of cheese to cut out some fat and calories. Post a comment if you create a version of your own that I ought to test out!