If you stop by here now and again, you probably know that I love easy and flavorful recipes. My lack of a dishwasher inspires me to love one-pot dishes even more. Here’s another winner for you to play with in your kitchen:
- Cut one pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast into bite-sized pieces. Saute in olive oil for five minutes, add 1 Tablespoon of chopped garlic during the last minute of cook time.
- Pour two cups of instant brown rice into skillet, stir to coat in oil and garlic.
- Add 1 3/4 cup of chicken broth to rice, bring to a boil, cover and let simmer for five minutes.
- Once rice as reached desired consistency, add one bag of baby spinach leaves. Allow to wilt before adding…
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 4 ounces of chive and onion cream cheese
- Heat through before serving with Parmesan cheese.
This is an excellent antidote to a busy weeknight! Mix it up with your favorite types of tomatoes, cream cheese, and vegetables.