It’s another slow cooker Sunday! I adore coming home to a warm house, scented with ready-to-eat supper!
- In 5 quart slow cooker, combine…
- 2 pounds of chuck roast, cut into one inch cubes
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into one inch cubes
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 bag of dried apricots
- In mixing bowl, combine…
- 28 ounce can of whole, stewed tomatoes
- Half a cup of water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pour over meat and potatoes
- Cook on low 7-8 hours.
- Once cooked through, stir in one can of rinsed chickpeas. Allow to heat through.
- Serve on top of fresh spinach.
I could definitely have served an army with this easy, satisfying meal. It was hearty and rustic and full of fall’s best flavors: a definite two thumbs up from this home cook!