I have to give a shout out to THIS genius home cook for tonight’s supper idea. I certainly could have bought a frozen pizza instead and been super happy…but perhaps not guilt-free.
- Break up one small head of cauliflower florets (try really hard to avoid the stems as they just don’t mash well).
- Steam with two tablespoons of milk and one tablespoon of butter until soft.
- Mash with two ounces of pizza-blend cheese and garlic powder to taste.
- Place mash in greased 8 inch cake pan.
- Top with…
- 1/4 cup of pizza sauce
- Turkey pepperoni
- Cubed ham
- Diced red onion
- Diced red pepper
- Two ounces of pizza blend cheese
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is bubbly
Obviously you should use YOUR favorite pizza toppings! If I liked black olives, that would be the most logical addition to really make this supreme pizza! Mushrooms would also be stellar. This was an absolute win and *sigh* better for my waistline than the Tombstone I would have preferred. 🙂 Happy cooking!