My Aunt Rachel makes this yummy, yummy Taco Bake with flaky crescent crust, taco meat, and handfuls of cheese! I had it on the brain when I started envisioning tonight’s supper. I tried to healthy it up a bit with plenty of veggies and no crust. I know the recipe looks a lot like THIS, but it tasted like a whole new (spicy!) idea…
- In large bowl, mix…
- 8 ounces light sour cream
- 1/2 cup of salsa verde
- Stir in…
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 can Mexicorn (drained)
- 1 can black beans (rinsed)
- 1 can of Mexican style diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces of Mexican-blend cheese
- In skillet…
- Brown 1 pound of ground beef.
- Drain and season with one package of hot and spicy taco seasoning
- Add to mixing bowl
- Combine all and place in greased 9 x 13 dish. Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes, until bubbly.
While I don’t love tacos, I do love how Mexican dishes can offer healthy variety and fiery flavors! (If you are a regular blog reader, you will know I’ve been on a spicy kick lately!) I happened to have salsa verde in the fridge, but you could certainly use whatever salsa or taco sauce you have on hand. Additionally, you could definitely sub lower-carb vegetables in place of the corn and beans if you really wanted to cut back!