I found this recipe while looking for something low-carb, and inspiration struck me to create this casserole….
- Preheat over to 400* and grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Cook one package of Knorr Taco Rice according to package directions.
- Cube 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast. Sprinkle with 1/2 package of hot taco seasoning. Saute in olive oil until cooked through.
- In casserole dish, layer…
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1 can black beans (rinsed)
- Cooked chicken
- Pour 10 oz. hot enchilada sauce over all, sprinkle with a handful of cheddar cheese (I would have used a Mexican blend or pepper jack if I would have had it on hand).
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and browned.
- Serve with green onions and a Bud Light Lime.
Yum! I also have zero guilt about this casserole….except for the BLL! It was spicy enough to be indulgent but contained a healthy mix of carbs, protein, fiber, and veggies. It would still be delicious sans rice or with sour cream and taco chips!
2 thoughts on “Monday Mexi Casserole”