I love jambalaya. Absolutely, 100% adore it! I’ve made it in the slow cooker; I’ve turned it into a casserole. I’m sure a real southerner would be appalled at these interpretations, but a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do! Tonight’s version will satiate all your jambalaya cravings in record time!
- In large pot, saute…
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces and sprinkled with Cajun seasoning
- 8 ounces smoked sausage, sliced into rings
- Once meats are browned, add…
- 2 peppers (red/yellow/green), cut into matchsticks
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- Once vegetables start to soften, stir in…
- 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup instant rice
- Allow to simmer until rice is soft.
This made me so happy! I used one can of tomatoes with green chiles and one can of garlic and olive oil; select the variety that your dining companions like best. In my world, the spicier the better, so I even topped my serving with a bit of jalapeno cream cheese!