I’m terribly disheartened that cool weather is here. Fall is lovely, it’s colors and smells, but fall means winter will be here in no time. While I love using the slow cooker year-round, I admit that fall makes me even more hungry for simmering soups and stews. This recipe can withstand a whole day in the slow cooker which earns it double points in my book!
- In large slow cooker, combine…
- 2 14.5 cans of Italian diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces smoked sausage, sliced into rings
- 10.5 ounce can french onion soup
- 3 cups water
- 1 T. crushed garlic
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Half an hour before eating, turn slow cooker to high and stir in…
- 19 ounces frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 cups coleslaw blend cabbage
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and crusty bread.
The cheese tortellini made this soup totally indulgent, and I’ll be looking forward to eating leftovers at lunch all morning on Monday!