I love spaghetti squash. Love it! Sometimes, I’ll eat an entire one by myself with a little butter, garlic, and Parmesan. That said, I love when I can trick others into loving spaghetti squash too! Tonight, I got a six-year-old to eat three servings of this. Impressive, right?!
- Prepare one large spaghetti squash by…
- Pierce many times with a knife
- Microwave squash for 10-12 minutes, until it becomes soft
- Remove from microwave using hot pads and carefully cut in half. Allow to cool.
- Once squash is cool enough to handle, remove seeds and use a fork to “fluff”the meat of the squash.
- While squash is cooking, prepare cheese sauce…
- In medium sauce pan, melt 2 T. butter or olive oil.
- Whisk in 1/4 cup flour. Cook for 1-2 minutes to remove raw flour taste.
- Stir in…
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Whisk until smooth.
- Simmer sauce until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese.
- Cooked spaghetti squash
- Cheese sauce
- 1 bag of baby spinach
- 6 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- Place mixture into greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake at 375* for 30-40 minutes, until bubbly.
Cheese. Bacon. I’m not sure there is a better way to dress up spaghetti squash!
2 thoughts on “Cheesy Spaghetti Squash with Bacon”
Sounds good! Think I’ll fix this tomorrow evening.
Sent from Diana’s iPhone
Awesome! It was really delicious!