I love my daily email from Fitness Magazine, but let’s get serious…I pretty much ignore the exercises and focus on the recipes. The original inspiration for this dinner can be found here, and I’m on the fence about whether my rendition actually retains any health benefits. In any case, it hit the spot on this snowy day!
- One sweet potato
- Two carrots
- Two Yukon gold potatoes
- Two red potatoes
- Microwave for 3-5 minutes or until veggies begin to soften.
- Dice 12 oz. chicken sausage (I opted for Apple).
- Crush one bulb of garlic.
- Saute both in olive oil using a 12 inch skillet.
- Once meat is cooked through, add vegetables. Cover and saute until veggies reach desired texture, stir frequently.
- Tear up one bag of spinach onto veggies. Cover to speed up wilting.
- Stir in spinach, season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Cover to melt cheese.
I feel pretty stellar about my vegetable intake after eating this, and I love how many “one ingredient” items are involved. You are going to start tearing up the spinach and be tempted to stop part way through the bag…JUST DO IT! It will wilt down to nothing and you will hardly notice all that nutritional goodness!