My middle sister gifted me an awesome “call me Ma Ingalls” cast iron skillet for Christmas this year. I used it last week to throw together this skillet favorite, but I’d been dying to make something that went from stove top-to-oven in one swoop! I think tonight’s dinner is a total make-again:
- Brown and drain two pounds of ground beef in 12 inch cast iron skillet.
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 bulb of garlic, crushed
- Cook for five minutes, allowing onion to soften
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bag of frozen broccoli, steamed according to package directions.
- Stir together before melting in…
- One block of cream cheese
- Half-pint of heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese
- Combine well before placing skillet in 350* oven for 25-30 minutes, or until casserole is bubbly and browned.
Mmm….not pretty….but very yummy! If you don’t have a ridiculously thoughtful sister like me (*wink*), you could place the goodies in a greased casserole dish and bake for the same amount of time. I thought the parm added enough salty goodness, but you could get crazy with whatever seasonings you love or roast fresh broccoli (I was being lazy and cheap)! Finally, I’m extra happy with this comfort meal because it is blustery and -110* outside.
Stay warm, ya’ll!