I’m getting a bit tired of my standard breakfast casseroles, so I decided to mix it up by creating something spicy!
- In large mixing bowl, combine…
- 1 bag of frozen hashbrowns
- 8 ounce Mexican style chip dip
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 pound of browned chorizo sausage
- 6 slices of bacon, chopped and fried
- 8 ounces Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Place in greased 9 x 13 casserole dish
- In separate bowl, beat 8 eggs with salt and pepper to taste. Pour over casserole.
- Bake at 375* for 40-45 minutes, until eggs are set.
I prepared this the night before, and it turned out awesome! I confess I actually made it in the slow cooker, but I typed up directions for the oven. Also, I think the number of eggs is personal preference–do you want it to be like an egg bake? Or do you just want to sneak in some extra protein? Either way, you are going to have a crowd-pleasing meal on your hands!