I needed something healthy-ish to balance out all my misbehavior this weekend, and I found this recipe when I Googled “low carb casserole.”
- Steam one head of cauliflower in 1/2 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- Once cauliflower is fork tender, drain and mash.
- Place in the bottom of greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Meanwhile, saute one pound of chopped, boneless, skinless chicken breast in olive oil. Once cooked through, add…
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 8 oz. cubed ham
- One chopped onion
- Add on top of cauliflower once onions are translucent.
- In a small sauce pot, heat…
- Half pint of heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz. sour cream
- 4 oz. Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. Swiss cheese
- 1 t. tarragon
- Simmer until cheese is melted.
- Pour over veggies and protein.
- Top with slices of Swiss cheese, bake at 375* for 20-25 minutes.
Feel free to explain to me why I didn’t add a bulb of chopped garlic to the chicken/veggie mix?! Regardless, this was flavorful and filling; I didn’t miss the potatoes! Next time, I would add some broccoli (or other green veggie) and perhaps some cornstarch to the sauce to thicken it up (or I should have let it simmer longer).
2 thoughts on “Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole”