It’s that time of year when us Catholics abstain from meat on Fridays, so I’m always trying to find a fun new seafood (or meatless!) recipe. While I didn’t make this crab lasagna on a Friday, it was still a hit on Sunday!
- Boil 9 lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- In large bowl, combine…
- 2 cans cream soup (your choice! I like onion, shrimp, or mushroom.)
- 1 egg
- 12 ounces cottage cheese (or ricotta if you prefer)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 t. Old Bay seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a greased 9×13 casserole dish…
- Place three lasagna noodles
- Top with 1/3 of crab mix and 1/3 of an 8 oz bag of sharp cheddar cheese
- Repeat, ending with crab mix and cheese
- Bake at 350* for 45ish minutes. Allow to rest for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
Not a beautiful picture, but it was a totally delicious meal! Keep an eye on the lasagna and cover with foil if it’s getting too brown. I didn’t make this ahead of time, but I don’t see any reason you couldn’t prep this one day and cook the next! Next time, remind me to chop up some green onions into the crab mix; they’re my favorite!