Here in Iowa, the last few days have been in the 40s (60 degrees last weekend!). While I knew better, it felt like spring was on its way! Today, it feels like the tundra again, and I needed casserole. Then again…I always need casserole…
- Boil 8 ounces of rotini pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and combine in pot:
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 soup can of milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese (cook’s choice)
- 10 oz. box of frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
- 6 oz. crumbled bacon
- Stir cooked pasta into cheese mix and pour into greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Top with one sleeve of crushed butter crackers and 1/2 stick of melted butter.
- Bake at 375* for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.
This makes for a quick mac and cheese because there is no fussing with a roux or other cheese sauce. It’s also a great recipe to use up any 1/2 boxes of pasta you have in the cupboard. I do recommend cooking the pasta one to two minutes less than the package states since it’s going in the oven for extra time. It may not look pretty in the bowl, but it tasted fabulous going down!