I have a learned helplessness when it comes to hanging pictures, as my dad has a special collection of items in a “picture hanging bucket” that he carts around to the houses of my sisters and I when we need to new all art. I had a lot of items for him to hang last week, so I actually made up this recipe to “pay” him for all his hard work.
- Cover a double-burner cast iron griddle with 1/4 inch slices of zucchini. Sprinkle with your favorite seasonings.
- Cook over medium heat until browned, about five minutes. Flip all slices.
- Top zucchini with…
- Pizza sauce
- Favorite pizza toppings (this was pepperoni only because I forgot the mushrooms)
- Shredded cheese (Italian blend, mozzarella, Parmesan, whatever you love!)
- Pop in a 400* oven for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is as melty and browned as you prefer.
If you don’t have a double burner griddle, you could easily create this recipe on a cookie sheet. Just bake the slices for a few minutes before flipping and adding the toppings. This is a great way to use up zucchini if your garden is going crazy!