This particular casserole doesn’t really include much of a surprise. I named it like I did based on the reaction of our seven-year-old. When I dished her up a serving, she exclaimed, “Ooo! Meatballs!” She certainly seemed surprised to me! 🙂
- In large mixing bowl, combine…
- 1/2 bag frozen hashbrowns (about one pound)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or chip dip!)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- In separate bowl, whisk…
- 6 eggs
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- Combine eggs and potatoes well. Pour into greased 7 x 11 casserole dish.
- Poke frozen hashbrowns into potato mixture (a 14 oz. bag gave me the perfect number of meatballs to create a 4 x 7 pattern).
- Bake at 375* for 30ish minutes, until eggs are set and meatballs are hot through.
The best part of this breakfast is that I created it exclusively of ingredients I happened to have on hand. Super easy and super yummy! It would be a great “make-ahead” breakfast to prep on Sunday and eat throughout the week. If you wanted to get really fancy, you could make your own meatballs using breakfast sausage!