It seems like pay day is still really far away, so I tried to make my meal plan very budget conscious. Cabbage is eternally on sale, so cabbage casserole it is!
- In large skillet, brown 1 pound of ground turkey.
- Once cooked through, stir in…
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1/2 of a 14 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 can of condensed tomato soup
- 3/4 cup brown rice
- 1 cup of water
- Heat through before pouring half the meat mixture into the bottom of a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Top the meat with half a head of cabbage, chopped.
- Repeat layers.
- Combine and pour over casserole…
- Remaining tomato sauce
- Remaining tomato soup
- 1/3 cup water
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Sprinkle casserole with mozzarella cheese and allow to melt before serving.
This may not be particularly attractive, but it was so, so good and guilt free! Plus, it didn’t break the bank!