Central Iowa has been a stormy, wet mess this summer, and it seems all my tomatoes have come down with black speck. 😦 😦 😦 It’s tragically sad! Blessedly, I could salvage a few bites here and there and, combined with a few other summer produce items, dinner was fresh and tasty tonight!
- Prepare 20 ounces of frozen cheese tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, whisk…
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 2 T. crushed garlic
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Combine cooked pasta and dressing with…
- 2 cups of tomatoes, chopped
- Kernels from 2 ears of corn
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.
This dish was an excellent summer meal! I would absolutely consider taking this to a potluck; it was THAT good! I didn’t plant sweet corn, but I was excited to use my other garden items! It was delish at room temperature, but I think you could reheat in the microwave or serve cold.
2 thoughts on “Summer Tortellini Salad”
Simple yet apparently delicious!!! I’ve done similar stuff with my pasta. I don’t like the heavy sauces (especially the creamy ones) witnessed on many pasta dishes iin so-called Italian restaurants and especially diners in America.
This was definitely light and appropriate for steamy summer days! Thanks for stopping by MwM!