I absolutely adore reading the paper on a Sunday morning. I don’t have the paper delivered any other day of the week, and there are many weeks I end up tossing it without even taking the rubber band off. Regardless, I budget the monthly fee so that I can celebrate Sundays, when possible, with newsprint, casserole, and hot coffee! Check out this week’s creation:
- Cut 8 large refrigerator biscuits into 8 pieces each (pizza cut). Spread in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Brown 1 pound of breakfast sausage. Sprinkle over biscuits.
- Chop and saute 1 red pepper and 1 green pepper. Spread over meat.
- In large bowl, whisk 8 eggs (salt and pepper to taste). Pour over meat and vegetables.
- Bake in a 375* oven for 30 minutes, or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake for 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
This was a winner! You could even change up the vegetables and meat to please your household: bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes…sky’s the limit! Serve with OJ and a side of your local newspaper. 🙂