Today was a day for indulgent and irresponsible eating. Hence, I threw together this comforting casserole for supper–and gave it a dorky name!
- Crush one bag of corn chips. Place in greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- In large mixing bowl, combine…
- 1 1/2 pounds of chopped, cooked chicken
- 4 ounces diced green chiles
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Pour over corn chips.
- Sprinkle casserole with 8 ounces Mexican blend cheese.
- Bake at 375* for 30 minutes, until bubbly.
Holy cow this was good! Serve it up with your favorite taco toppings (salsa, jalapenos, cilantro, sour cream, etc.), and I think you will love the textures and flavors as much as me! Next time, when I’m not hosting tomato-haters, I think I’ll use a can of diced tomatoes with green chiles rather than straight green chiles. If you don’t love corn chips, try regular tortilla chips. I bet you could even do baked chips to save on the fat.