Don’t you just love the alliteration in the name of this recipe? Wouldn’t my junior high English teacher love that I remember what alliteration is? *sigh* Nostalgia.
- In large mixing bowl, combine..
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken into bite-sized pieces
- 12 ounces chicken sausage, sliced into rings
- 6 roma tomatoes, sliced into half moons
- 1+ T. crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bake at 450* for 20ish minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare one 5 ounce box of quinoa according to package directions.
- Remove from heat and stir in…
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- salt/pepper to taste
- Spread quinoa mix over vegetables. Return to oven for ten minutes, until browned.
I most prefer my vegetables roasted, but you know I’m obsessed with casserole. I thought this dish was the best of both worlds: roasted veggies with a toasty, salty topping. Totally delicious and guilt-free!