I’m a sucker for seafood, so I love that I’m encouraged to attend local fish fries during Lent. I also love the challenge of creating new meat-free meals to serve….
- In large pot, saute…
- Two shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 pound of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 T. minced garlic
- Once mushrooms are soft, stir in…
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- Worcestershire sauce and smoked paprika, to taste
- Cover and simmer or 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Add more liquid, if needed.)
- Once pasta has reached desired consistency, stir in 8 ounces of French onion sour cream.
This got “100 thumbs up” from the kid in the family, so it must be decent. Serve with shredded parm for a salty kick!