I went out for Thai recently, and the menu boasted a “famous” crab and corn chowder. It sounded sooooo good that I had to make up one for myself.
- In large slow cooker, combine…
- 1 bag of frozen hashbrowns
- 8 ounces crab
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 can Mexican corn with green and red peppers
- 4 ounces diced green chiles
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- Lemon pepper and garlic salt to taste
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Prior to serving, melt in 8 ounces of cream cheese.
This was super delicious and hearty on this cold, cold February day. Lent has me craving seafood, and the prohibitive cost of protein in the meat case has left me searching for alternative options. Bottom line, this is a recipe I will repeat!
2 thoughts on “Crab and Corn Chowder”
I love chowder! Have never seen the addition of the hash browns but I guess it would make it nice and thick. Yum!
It’s amazing how the hashbrowns breakdown to make the creamiest, easiest potato soup! It’s the perfect base for whatever extras you may want to add!