I went out for Thai recently, and the menu boasted a “famous” crab and corn chowder. It sounded sooooo good that I had to make up one for myself.
- In large slow cooker, combine…
- 1 bag of frozen hashbrowns
- 8 ounces crab
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 can Mexican corn with green and red peppers
- 4 ounces diced green chiles
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- Lemon pepper and garlic salt to taste
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Prior to serving, melt in 8 ounces of cream cheese.
This was super delicious and hearty on this cold, cold February day. Lent has me craving seafood, and the prohibitive cost of protein in the meat case has left me searching for alternative options. Bottom line, this is a recipe I will repeat!