Slow cooker Sunday. 🙂 I was EXTRA happy that I had a slow cooker meal waiting for me today because I had to work late at my part-time job. The smell was awesome to come home to!
- In large slow cooker, combine…
- 1 pound stew beef
- 3 baking potatoes, cubed
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 1 14.5 ounce can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bulb of garlic, crushed
- In separate bowl, combine…
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Black pepper to taste
- Pour over meat and vegetables. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
I hated beef stew as a kid…what was I thinking? This was amazing…extra amazing serve alongside a loaf of crusty bread!