Maybe I should start a series called “Slow Cooker Sunday” because that seems to be my habit lately! It is that time of year though, and my corner of the state witnessed its first snow yesterday. Comfort food, here I come!
- In large slow cooker, combine…
- 1 box of frozen spinach
- 1 bag of frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 cans of Italian style diced tomatoes
- 12 ounces Italian style chicken style sausage, sliced into rings
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours. Stir in cream cheese once soft.
Holy guacamole this was good! So much flavor for so little work! It honestly took less than five minutes to toss the ingredients into the slow cooker, and I came home to a hearty, healthy dinner hours later. I only regret not adding MORE tomatoes.