I took a leap into budget-conscious adulthood this week. I actually perused the grocery store ad for sales prior to recipe planning. My mother would be so proud. 🙂 Chicken drumsticks were on sale for 99 cents a pound and boxes of pasta were 89 cents, so I was determined to make something delicious!
- In large pot, combine…
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 bulb or garlic, crushed
- Place six drumsticks in milk sauce, tossing to coat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
- In separate pot, prepare one box of spaghetti according to package directions.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove drummies to a cookie sheet. Place under broiler for five minutes, until crispy.
- Once pasta is desired texture, pour into remaining milk sauce. Wilt in one bag of spinach.
- Serve chicken atop pasta and spinach.
Totally yummy. Totally healthy. My cholesterol and I are always happy when I make something sans cheese. This recipe makes plenty of sauce, so I know you could make more than six drumsticks. Alternately, you could try another type of bone-in chicken. I used a whole box of pasta because leftovers are a win at my house. Feel free to cut back on that if you don’t want to eat this for a few days.