I’m really trying to stick to healthy eating now that school is back in session. I admit that I indulged in a couple handfuls of snack mix that a friendly coworker provided today, but I have no guilt about the fast and healthy recipe below:
- In large sauce pot, cook one box of linguine noodles according to package directions.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of pasta water before you drain.
- Return cooked pasta to pot.
- In separate large skillet, cook in olive oil…
- 1 T. crushed garlic
- 2 pints of grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Allow tomatoes to cook until they begin releasing their juice.
- Add cooked tomatoes to noodles along with…
- 1 pound of raw peeled shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1 handful of fresh basil, chopped
This was totally fabulous! I loved how flavorful and fresh it was for a pasta dish. I think your best bet is to toss the shrimp in the noodle pot, put the lid on for two or three minutes to cook, and then toss in the cheese and basil. As always, I’m looking forward to leftovers!