Being Labor Day, today sure feels like Sunday, so I figured it was a good day to bake a casserole. 🙂 Realizing that it’s Monday, I am happy to report that I succeeded at making a meatless meal! Yay!
- In large saucepan, boil 1 1/2 cups of rice with 3 cups of water.
- Once cooked, stir in 1 1/4 cups of salsa.
- In separate bowl, combine…
- 1 can of refried black beans
- 1 bag of frozen corn
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a greased 9 x 13 pan, layer…
- 1/2 the rice mixture
- Bean mixture
- 1 box of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 ounces Mexican blend cheese
- The other 1/2 of the rice mixture
- Bake at 375* for 30ish minutes, until heated through. Serve with cilantro, green onions, and sour cream.
Mmmm!!! I didn’t miss the meat one bit! Be not afraid: spreading the bean mixture on top of the rice isn’t nearly as hard as you’d think. Skimp on the cheese and nix the sour cream to keep this already healthy meal even lighter!