I never knew kale could taste so good! The following recipe is dedicated to my sister, Emily, who never stops inspiring me (even my food choices!)….
- In a large pot, heat two Tablespoons of olive oil…
- Add 1 package of apple chicken sausage, sliced into discs, and cook for two minutes.
- Add 1 small onion, chopped, and cook for two minutes.
- Add 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced, and cook until just beginning to soften.
- Add 1 bulb garlic, crushed, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Once everything is browned and softened, stir in…
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 12 ounces pasta
- 1 bunch of kale, torn into pieces and tough stems removed
- 1 container of grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Once kale has wilted into the pasta, cover and simmer on low for 20ish minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
I was amazed at how CREAMY this was despite there being no cream and no cheese (win!). You are going to get worried when you dump the kale into the pot. Put the lid on for a couple of minutes to expedite the wilting process and then fold it in gently. This didn’t taste healthy at all, but look at that ingredient list…loads of nutrition! Plus, you can’t beat washing only one pot!