I finally killed the squash bugs and re-calcified (is that a word???) my tomato plants after a rain-filled summer, so I have tomatoes and zucchini to spare! This recipe below will satisfy the whole family…and probably provide some leftovers!
- Place 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the bottom of a large, greased slow cooker.
- On top of the chicken, add…
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 2 – 3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes (or two cans of store-bought)
- 2 small zucchini, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small white onion, sliced
- 1 large handful of fresh basil, chopped
- 2 turns of balsamic vinegar
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours of low for 7-8 hours.
- Remove just the chicken once cooked through and shred. Return to slow cooker along with…
- 1/2 box of cooked pasta
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
I used penne pasta because I could buy it in whole grain; definitely choose your favorite pasta shape. Also, sneak in your favorite seasonings when you stir in the pasta and cheese—garlic? salt and pepper? red pepper flakes? Whatever makes you happy! This was a LARGE meal, but it would be very easy to pare down the servings to fit the needs of your kitchen.