I’ve been kind of convinced lately that I should use my slow cooker more in lieu of turning on the oven on a hot day. Hence, you will probably be seeing more posts like this one!
- Cut a two(ish) pound chuck roast into 5-6 individual steaks. Place in large, greased slow cooker.
- In separate bowl, combine…
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 (or more!) jalapenos, chopped
- 1 bulb of garlic, crushed
- 1 large handful of cilantro, chopped
- Pour sauce over steaks.
- Topsteaks with…
- 3-4 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 8-10. Serve with mashed potatoes (or bread…or grits…or mashed cauliflower…).
This was SUPER yummy! I was also happy to use some garden jalapenos though my cilantro passed away to herb heaven awhile ago, and I had to purchase it at the store. I also lucked out by having leftover mashed potatoes (vegetable courtesy of the garden!), but I think this would be awesome served up with thick slices of crusty bread to soak up the sauce!