I’ve been kind of convinced lately that I should use my slow cooker more in lieu of turning on the oven on a hot day. Hence, you will probably be seeing more posts like this one!
- Cut a two(ish) pound chuck roast into 5-6 individual steaks. Place in large, greased slow cooker.
- In separate bowl, combine…
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 (or more!) jalapenos, chopped
- 1 bulb of garlic, crushed
- 1 large handful of cilantro, chopped
- Pour sauce over steaks.
- Topsteaks with…
- 3-4 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 8-10. Serve with mashed potatoes (or bread…or grits…or mashed cauliflower…).
This was SUPER yummy! I was also happy to use some garden jalapenos though my cilantro passed away to herb heaven awhile ago, and I had to purchase it at the store. I also lucked out by having leftover mashed potatoes (vegetable courtesy of the garden!), but I think this would be awesome served up with thick slices of crusty bread to soak up the sauce!
2 thoughts on “Spicy Slow Cooker Steak and Shrooms”
I’ve made this with pork loin and served with mashed sweet potatoes. Highly recommend this. Even chicken might work with this recipe.
Mmm….sweet potatoes sound so good!!!