I was totally expecting to have zucchini ready in my garden today, and much to my chagrin, that wasn’t the case. I made this recipe up off the top of my head because the flavors sounded yummy, and I thought it would be a good way to use up garden produce…though I had to go back to the store for the zucchini!
- In large mixing bowl, combine…
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 box of chicken stuffing
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 package fully-cooked smoked turkey sausage, slice
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley (or whatever yummy herb is popping up in your garden!)
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- Place all in greased 9 x 13 casserole dish and bake at 375* for 45 minutes, until zucchini is soft.
I confess that my broth measurement is an approximation. Add more or less depending on how moist you prefer your stuffing. I wish I would have diced up the zucchini smaller, but other than that, this was an awesome comfort meal. By the way, a handful of chopped walnuts on your serving will add a yummy crunch.