Who started the “meatless Monday” thing? I actually made this meat-free dish on Sunday, but does it count since I’m posting it on Monday? 🙂
- Prepare one large package (19 ounces, or whatever comparable bag your local carries) of frozen cheese tortellini according to package directions.
- During the last minute of cooking, add 8 ounces of halved sugar snap peas to the pot.
- Drain and return all to pot.
- In separate skillet, saute 8 ounces of sliced baby bella mushrooms and 1 Tablespoon of garlic in olive oil. Add to pasta/peas when browned.
- Meanwhile, in leak-proof container, shake together…
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- Pour mix into the skillet after removing the mushrooms. On medium heat, whisk until thickened.
- Once thickened, stir in…
- 1 cup of milk
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- Pour sauce over pasta along with…
- 1 container of halved grape tomatoes
- 1 small diced red pepper
- 1 cup of corn
- Combine thoroughly and pour into greased 9 x 13 dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake at 350* until bubbly.
I’m absolutely saving this recipe for future use! All the veggies were perfect, the sauce was flavorful, and skim milk/light cream cheese kept the fat content more in check. The directions may seem more complicated than my standard recipe, but it truly wasn’t difficult!
2 thoughts on “Vegetable Tortellini”
Looks yummy. I’ve been eating primarily soft foods since I’m having trouble with my teeth. I think this is something I could really dig into.
Not gonna lie, it’s a winner! 🙂 Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly…sending prayers your way!