This recipe came across my email yesterday, so I was super responsible, bought the groceries, and made it ahead of time because Wednesday nights are super busy. As luck would have it, today is GLOOMY and RAINY and I would have much rather had tater tot casserole! *sigh* Oh well!
- Boil one box of ranch and bacon pasta salad according to package directions (a.k.a. boil water, dump in the noodles, set aside the seasoning).
- Once noodles are soft, stir in 1 cup of frozen corn.
- Cook for one more minute. Drain.
- In mixing bowl, combine…
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 mayo
- Ranch packet from pasta salad
- Combine sauce and noodles before mixing in…
- One container of grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups of cooked, chopped chicken
- Combine all chill. Serve on top of spinach leaves.
This was totally yummy, and I think I’ll save the recipe for a HOT summer day. As for the chicken, I was too cheap to buy a rotisserie to shred, and I didn’t have any leftovers. A chicken hindquarter was the perfect solution: I bought one, for 95 cents, roasted it in the oven for 45 minutes (until cooked through), and shredded it into the pasta salad. This recipe will be extra delicious with corn off the cob and garden tomatoes!