When you read this recipe, you are going to realize that the first “baking” of the cauliflower is really a round in the microwave. In any case, the meal tasted just like twice baked potatoes, so I opted for that title!
- Steam one large head of cauliflower.
- Clean and break into bite-size pieces.
- Place in micro-cooker with 1/4 cup milk.
- Microwave for ten minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Chop and fry six slices of bacon. Drain.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine…
- 1 block of reduced fat cream cheese
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces colby jack cheese
- 1 t. garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- cheese mix
- 1 bunch of green onions, sliced
- Place in 8 inch round baking dish and bake at 375* for 25-30 minutes, until bubbly.
It was all I could do to stop myself from a) eating the mix before I baked it and b) eating the entire casserole. If you want to truly commit to “low carb,” steam the cauliflower with heavy cream. I called this dinner, but it would make an awesome side dish for meat on the grill (or any other delicious entree). By the way, I made this in the morning to save myself time in the evening. The casserole’s awesome texture and flavor confirm that it can be made ahead of time with no ill-intended results!