I always look forward to Haines family Thanksgiving because spaghetti corn will be served! The story goes that Great Aunt Margaret (Grandpa Bill’s sister) received the recipe from a friend at church, but the St. Mary’s Immaculate Conception Catholic Church cookbook assigns all the accolades to Margaret Frueh, the woman I was named after.
- Boil one pound of spaghetti according to package directions. Place cooked spaghetti in large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan, melt…
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 can evaporated milk
- Pour cheese sauce over spaghetti and stir in…
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 8 cans creamed corn
- Pour into greased casserole dish. Bake at 350* for one hour.
I most often recreate this recipe when cooking with my Aunt Rachel, and I always try to convince her to sprinkle in garlic salt, but she insists that doesn’t hold with the integrity of the original recipe. 🙂 I also think you could crush saltine crackers on the top for a yummy crunch. Despite these ideas, I always follow the recipe and think about my generous and loving Aunt Margaret when I do so.Margaret Ann Frueh May 29, 1932 – June 19, 2001