I’m back to school this week for a full five days, so I needed a Sunday casserole for leftovers. I’d like to get back on the low carb bandwagon that I fervently jumped off of this summer as well. Check it out:
- Prep one large head of cauliflower, breaking the florets into small pieces.
- Place in microwave safe bowl with…
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- Microwave for ten minutes, or until soft.
- Mash cooked cauliflower with…
- 1 seeded, chopped jalapeno
- 4 ounces cheddar jack cheese
- Garlic salt to taste
- Place cauliflower in the bottom of a greased two-quart casserole dish.
– Saute one pound of chopped, boneless, skinless chicken breast. Add cooked chicken on top of cauliflower.
Jalapeno Popper Topping
- Using an electric mixer, beat…
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 2 ounces cheddar jack cheese
- Spread mixture over chicken.
Sprinkle with cheddar jack cheese and jalapeno slices. Back at 350 degrees for twenty minutes, until cheese is melted.
Yum. Yum. Yum x 10. It was even more delicious with a few slices of fresh, homegrown tomato from my garden! This was definitely rich, so it is easy to have a small serving and feel satisfied. Next time, I might use jalapeno cream cheese to give the casserole an even stronger kick!