There was a distinct possibility that I might have company today. ….get serious, I was crossing my fingers people would show up! I needed a case of beer and a yummy hotdish to entice people to walk through the back door (it’s weird to use the front). You probably have most of this on hand:
- 1 bag of frozen hashbrowns
- 1 bag of frozen corn
- 2 cups of cooked, shredded chicken
- 8 oz (or a bit more!) sharp cheddar cheese
- Stir together…
- Combine “dry” and liquid ingredients in crock pot. Cook on high 2-3 hours (or on low 5-6 hours).
- Enjoy the taste; don’t take pictures—-what an ugly casserole!
It was 110% adorable: I hadn’t really alerted people that I wanted them to stop by after the local whiskey tasting we were all attending. You should have seen their eyes light up when I said, “I made a casserole. Come over!” 🙂 If I were to make this again, I would add bacon. I know that would ensure company any day!