Below is my favorite quiche recipe, and my favorite part of it is the crispy-chewy, golden brown lard crust. Sadly, my cholesterol told me I don’t really need to eat lard. *sigh* I decided to try using my old standby quiche recipe and just skip the crust. It turned out great!
- Five eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Thaw and drain one 10 ounce package of frozen chopped spinach. Add to eggs.
- One large shallot, thinly sliced
- Five crushed garlic cloves
- Add to eggs
- Stir into eggs…
- Eight ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- Three ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Combine well and pour into greased 8 inch pie plate.
- Bake at 375* for 45 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Serve with orange juice. 🙂
If I had been thinking, I would have added chopped mushrooms to this recipe for an even more delicious and filling quiche. Of course, you don’t have to get as crazy with the garlic as I do! I’m thrilled that I can lighten up this recipe by skipping the crust and still enjoy the yummy filling!
One thought on “Crustless Spinach and Goat Cheese Quiche”