I’m not exactly earning an award from “Cooking Light” with this recipe, but I am constantly saving daily email recipes from Pillsbury and not using them. Hence…today’s supper!
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1/2 white onion
- Saute all with 1/2 pound of lean ground beef. Drain well.
- Stir in…
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 3 Tablespoons dill relish
- 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- Unroll one seamless crescent dough sheet; stretch to approximately 9 x 13 size.
- Top one half with…
- Meat mixture
- Tomato slices
- Slices of sharp cheddar cheese
- Fold dough over cheeseburger toppings and pinch ends together.
- Brush with one beaten egg, seasoned with garlic salt.
- Bake at 350* for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
I’m 100% serious about the “drain well” part! Otherwise, you will end up with a giant mess of a calzone. Keeping the dough sheet chilled until you are ready to use it will also help keep the calzone together. I really loved the faux-meat mushroom substitution because I enjoyed all the beefy deliciousness but skipped a bit of the fat. You should definitely vary this recipe in your kitchen with whatever your favorite burger toppings are!