Holy deliciousness, Batman! Check out the original recipe HERE, but make your life easier and do this:
- Bring 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth to a boil. Stir in one cup of brown rice. Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes (or until most water is absorbed).
- Saute 8 oz. (or more!!!) of sliced mushrooms and five crushed garlic cloves in 3 T. butter.
- Sprinkle softened mushrooms with 1/4 c. of flour. Cook 1-2 minutes to remove raw flour taste.
- Pour 1 cup (half pint) heavy whipping cream and 1 cup of Marsala cooking wine (only $3.49 in the aisle with the olive oil and business) into mushroom mix. Simmer until thickened, stirring frequently. Salt and pepper to taste.
- When rice is ready, spread into the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish. Top with 2 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken (mmm….the most easy and delicious way to include chicken in a recipe), mushroom mix, and a handful of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, or until casserole is browned and bubbly.
O. M. G. Make this NOW!!!!!!!!