Should you be offended if your mom sends you diabetic casserole recipes? Perhaps it’s good advice to eat fewer carbs… 🙂 Regardless, this recipe definitely seemed appealing, with a few expected adjustments:
- Cook 2 cups of brown rice according to package directions.
- Wash and chop…
- Saute all veggies in a large skillet until softened.
- Prep sauce while sauteing veggies:
- 1 c. chicken stock
- 1 bulb of garlic, chopped
- 2 T. fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 cup hoisin
- 4 t. cornstarch
- 1 t. crushed red pepper
- black pepper to taste
- Once veggies are soft, add 1 cup of shredded rotisserie chicken,and pour sauce into skillet. Simmer until thickened.
- In greased 9 x 13 casserole dish, place cooked rice in the bottom, top with chicken/veggie mix.
- Sprinkle with chopped cashews and chow mein noodles. Bake at 400* for 20-30 minutes.
Satisfying and guilt-free!