I love using my slow cooker on Sundays. Since I commute to work, it’s just about the only day I”m gone for a short of enough period of time that I won’t burn dinner! The meal below totally hit the spot tonight…
- In large slow cooker, combine..
- 3 cans cream style corn
- 2 cans corn with peppers, drained
- 3 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 pound of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 4 ounces green chiles
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapenos
- Salt, pepper, garlic to taste
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- At the end of cooking time, melt in 8 ounces cream cheese.
- Serve with cheese, crackers, green onions, or your other favorite toppings!
This was so awesome–an absolute “make again.” Next time though, I’ll stir in a can of tomatoes with green chiles instead of just green chiles. Skip the bacon and cream cheese if you want to lighten it up.