As long as spaghetti squash is in season (and so inexpensive at the store!), I’m absolutely going to utilize it in new recipes. I love quiche…I love spaghetti squash…how could this be bad?!
- Prepare one small spaghetti squash…
- Pierce many times with a knife
- Place on paper towel in the microwave for 10-15 minutes, until soft.
- Allow to cool before cleaning out the seeds and scooping squash into 8 x 8 casserole dish.
- Saute in olive oil…
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 bunch of asparagus, tough ends removed
- Arrange softened vegetables on top of spaghetti squash
- Sprinkle with four ounces Swiss cheese
- In separate bowl, whisk…
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour over vegetables.
- Bake at 400* for 30 minutes, until eggs are set.
This was filling, healthy, and flavorful. Next time though, I think I’d like to mix the cheese in with the spaghetti squash. Bacon would also be a yummy addition! If you notice the top is browning too quickly, cover the quiche in aluminum foil. You may find the squash releases a lot of liquid, so feel free to drain the dish a bit if needed.