It seems like it has been awhile since I made a breakfast casserole! I just know you’ve all been pining after an a.m. recipe. 😉
- In large bowl, toss together…
- 1/2 bag frozen hashbrowns
- 4 ounces colby jack cheese
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Place in greased casserole dish.
- Whisk together…
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk (or cream!)
- Garlic salt/pepper to taste
- Pour over potato mix. Top with handful of cheese. Bake for at 375* for 30-40 minutes, until eggs are set. Sprinkle with one container of fried onions the last five minutes of cooking.
This casserole was filling and flavorful and the crunchy onions were an awesome bonus. I think it would be even yummier with a bit of cottage cheese or sour cream in the potato mix to make it extra moist. Add bacon or sausage if you have die-hard carnivores to feed. Leave me a comment if you make an awesome version in your kitchen!