Imitation crab was on sale in the meat department at my grocery this week, and I can’t say that I’ve ever cooked with it. I bought two packs: one for the comforting meal below and one for….crab melts? crab salad? To be determined!
- In large skillet, saute in olive oil…
- 3 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- In separate bowl, mix…
- One can cream of shrimp soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces imitation crab, flaked
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Combine veggies and sauce. Place in greased 9 x 13 dish. Bake at 375* for 30 minutes.
This was perfect for the cold and rainy mess that’s blowing down my door today. If you want to lighten it up, purchase cream of chicken/mushroom/celery soup in low-fat form (I’ve never seen healthy request shrimp soup). I did use light mayo, but you could even opt for fat free. Next time, I might add a bit of garlic to the vegetable saute as well as a red pepper. Use leftover rice if you’ve got it, or just prepare it according to package directions.