Just because my garden is done producing tomatoes doesn’t mean my tummy isn’t still craving BLTs! The recipe below combines summer flavors with fall produce for a really delicious dinner!
- Prepare one large spaghetti squash by puncturing its skin 10 or more times. Place in microwave for 15-20 minutes, until soft to the touch. Allow to cool slightly before handling.
- In large bowl, combine…
- 3-4 kale leaves, ribs removed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes, halved
- Hot spaghetti squash, seeds removed
- 1/2 pound of cooked bacon, crumbled
- In separate bowl, combine…
- 12 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese
- Garlic salt / pepper to taste
- Combine cheese mix with vegetables. Place in greased casserole dish and bake at 400* for 25-ish minutes.
The kale leaves will begin to wilt when you stir in the hot spaghetti squash, but don’t be alarmed as they will finish wilting in the oven. If you want to be more ambitious, you can certainly saute the kale and tomatoes (and garlic!) in the bacon grease. Mmm….. There was a bit of liquid in the casserole as the vegetables released their juices, but the overall flavor was great!